We’ve been working on a pilot for an internet T.V. show over the past few weeks, and the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (Hybrid), supplied by Humphris of Oxford, has been invaluable over that time. It’s refined drive and comfort allows us to arrive after a two hour drive both too and through the City of London after a very early wake up call feeling refreshed (thank you Mitsubishi for the extra large coffee cup holders). This weekend it transported three crew, three cameras, two tripods, a set of lights and our Rhino Evo Slider with out compromising on our cabin space. It even had enough space to allow our Camera Assistant to have a comfortable snooze on the way home.
It’s often the little things that make a difference with a car, and for us when carrying gear (fortunately not in the rain this time) there is no fumbling for the keys, as long as you have one in your pocket a quick tap on one of three buttons and hey presto, you’re in. The boot even opens for you meaning less balancing around with kit. A quick tap on home on the Sat Nav and we are guided back through London with no problems (other then the capital’s traffic), and whilst the others doze after a hard days work I get to listen to the football on 5 live courtesy of the excellent DAB radio, though if they had their way I think the other occupants would have liked to plug one of their phones into the audio aux input (though I still have control from the steering wheel). Oxford to the docklands on a frugal £20 makes our tight budget go just that little bit further, whilst being a hybrid means we’re taking better care of our environment too.
And to top it off it was a beautiful day in an amazing setting!
OUTLANDER PHEV: THE WORLD’S FIRST PLUG-IN HYBRID SUV. NOW FROM £28,249*.
(* Includes Government Plug-in Car Grant)
The Outlander PHEV is revolutionary, combining full off-road ability with amazing fuel economy of up to 148MPG. It is able to drive on full electric power for up to 32 miles – more than enough for the average daily commute.
Other extraordinary benefits include:
- Up to 514 mile combined range – Two electric motors and an efficient 2.0-litre petrol engine combine to provide more than enough range for every journey.
- CO2 as low as 44 g/km – Boasting lower Co2 emissions than could have been imagined a couple of years ago, the Outlander PHEV packs some serious environmental credentials.
- Low Benefit in Kind – Company car drivers choosing the Outlander PHEV will pay just 5% tax as Benefit in Kind.
- No road tax – at just 44g/km, the Outlander PHEV’s ultra-low emissions mean it is completely exempt from Vehicle Excise Duty. It’s also exempt from the London Congestion Charge.
- No compromise on bootspace – the Outlander PHEV boasts 463-litres of cargo space. That’s only 3% less than the standard Outlander.
- Competitive towing capability – A towing capacity of 1,500kg, about the weight of a medium caravan, which is fully competitive with comparative vehicles.
- Capable off-road ability – Utilising a powerful twin-motor four-wheel drive system, the Outlander PHEV is integrated with Mitsubishi’s proven S-AWC system for added traction.
The Outlander PHEV isn’t just making history – it’s saving people thousands. Find out more at Humphris Oxford and join the revolution today.